• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can you run 50 watts through a KL-503 turnrd off?

I have a president HR2510 and a 148GTL both radio's fully modded but the President doesn't really go below 4 watts and swings to 25 watts or more. I use them both with a antenna switch to operate between the two radio's. I use the President HR2510 most of the time barefoot but don't want to use the KL-503 so I hooked up a little 50 watt amp and was wondering if the EM Italy KL-503 is turned off can you safely run 50 watts through it? Thanks for any replys.

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 2

Most probably. If you are worried bypass the amp. The best you could do is to buy a "High Drive" amplifier then you don't have to sweat it. Texas Star makes amps that fill the bill for high drive.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned