• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Canadian police

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Montreal Ca why do they speak French all the time ? I am listening to them with the android scanner app, oui je suis parlent le francais, maes jamais l'anglas pour la police ?

Sent from my Galaxy note 2 on Verizon 4G LTE.

Could it possibly be because Montreal is the largest French-speaking city in North America and second in the world after Paris when counting the number of native-language Francophones. Yup more people speak french in Montreal than in any city in France except Paris. I suggest a little history lesson.

Reactions: 1 person
Well "not allowed" and "frowned upon" are two different things. I wouldn't want to give the uninformed the wrong impression. Speaking English is not ver botten there. I believe you are referring to the Quebec Language Law that dictates signage and the conduct of official business in French. As far as Montreal itself goes there is a high percentage of English speaking people there. Much higher than in other parts of Quebec. I have never had a problem while in Quebec. Although there are some pretty ignorant frenchmen there I find that most make a decent effort to communicate with me especially when I wave my money in the air as I head for the exit. LOL

Last edited:
Although there are some pretty ignorant frenchmen there I find that most make a decent effort to communicate with me especially when I wave my money in the air as I head for the exit. LOL

Lol hey we have to do that here to the Hispanics, they play stupid like they don't know English but when they see $_$ all of the suddon there English is great.

Sent from my Galaxy note 2 on Verizon 4G LTE.

Reactions: 1 person

Unfortunately like a lot of agencies they received a complain from the public and have a mandate to investigate it regardless how pointless it may seem. Personally my feeling is that the english scored a decisive victory over the french in this country in 1759 at The Plains of Abraham in Quebec and should be lucky they were allowed to stay here. Their eastern brothers were sent packing in 1755–1763 in what has come to be called the Expulsion of the Acadians.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.