• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can't complain!

codeman

Recovering Crackerhead
Jul 10, 2011
I finally bought a Wilson 1000 magnet mount and stuck it on my Dodge truck, I slid the antenna whip into the base, tightened the screws and my SWRs were good on my Uniden 980's meter. So I checked it on my Radio Shack 21-534 meter and all was good! My highest Swr was 1.3. Skip was rolling today and I made many solid contacts with just my 980 and a mag mount antenna. I got compliments on how good the audio sounds from my 980 and it was even better after I put my RF Limited 2018 mic on. So I am impressed with this easy set up. I had my radio aligned by Clay's Cb Shop and it might put out 15 watts. I made many contacts from California to Michigan to South Carolina and had a couple of lengthy QSOs and never had to fiddle with the clarifier. I'll be on the radio from LSB 36-40. My numbers are 353

Reactions: binrat

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.