• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can't list a President HR2510 on ebay

I have put on my watch list several HR2510's and no matter how they list it or word it gets kicked off even when it is stock "no 11 meter" and no mods of any kind. I just purchased one from a fellow radio operator and wanted to see what they go for and each and every time it's gone in less than 24hrs. I don't know if this makes them worth more or less?

If you dont mind me asking this in your thread... I see this specific model mentioned a lot. What makes this one more coveted versus the other models?

Old news, E-Bay has been doing that for years with Lincolns, 2510's, and 2600's. As a seller you get usually 2-3 chances and then they suspend your account for 30 days.

They get reported because of the mods that can be done to them. Some ham guys made a stink to ebay because the 2510 is one of the first 10 meter radios that could convert to run 11 meters easily. Kinda stupid now....Run it with no pics of the face. you know have fun with it see if you can sneak one by them do 5 days

Any radio can be modified, especially Ham radios.
That is no excuse.

A lawsuit was won against eBay for doing this before.
I would remind them of that fact and watch them suddenly chage their tune.

Of course, if you show a photo of that radio operating, make sure you show it on a 10m freq, such as 28.400mhz/USB. No way can anyone make a stink about that.

I have put on my watch list several HR2510's and no matter how they list it or word it gets kicked off even when it is stock "no 11 meter" and no mods of any kind. I just purchased one from a fellow radio operator and wanted to see what they go for and each and every time it's gone in less than 24hrs. I don't know if this makes them worth more or less?

soluation= list them on here for fourm members to buy. forget flea bay

Reactions: 1 person
now eBay calls you when they remove it. I had a conversation with them a few weeks ago and even read them the law that says they cannot be bought new but can be resold and are legal for use on the 10m band. they stick with there story that they.ore on a list provided to them by the FCC that they are easily able to be converted to CB so that makes them a CB in the eyes of the FCC. eBay is subject to fines if they allow the outlawed items to sell.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Better call Shioda.

Exactly.

Shioda - for those on this forum that don't know - is a member on this forum who is an attorney. He goes up against the FCC and eBay. He won a lawsuit against eBay on this same matter - IIRC. So he gets paid by what he can collect on that lawsuit for you. Send him a private message ('PM') on this forum, briefly explain the situation, and he may well get back to you. Can't say for sure, but you might win some money from eBay for you and him.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.