• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Capacitance Hat's Don't add Audio

It would be an interesting model to see if the length offers bandwidth that the "top hat" truncated.

JMO - By doing he Top hat - you affect Q - you do the reciprocal of same by removing the Top Hat and then lengthening the element to offset this change - then that would affect the "Q" as a bandwidth - adding a noise level due to the increased bandwidth - but also a vertical polarization effort - along with Fractional Wavelength changes which would make it more prone to noise pickup?

Curious...

Reactions: Christopher17
Man I would but it's way in the air. And guess who didnt record stuff before he rammed it up there. It's not quite to factory specs. I've been changing them some. But next sunny day I plan on taking it down and measuring it. It's the top element i dont have the measurement for.

Attachments

• 20210224_165735.jpg
    20210224_165735.jpg
    771.1 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Handy Andy
I got a couple of answers thru @The DB about this antenna - seemed to answer the questions I had.

Now if you need to take it down for service, just be careful - I don't need to know THAT much about the antenna having to visit you in the Hospital while you're in Traction to get the answers I need...so YOU BE CAREFUL - ok?

I don't need info that bad...

Nah man it's all good. I do have a factory one on the ground now. It has some minor different measurements than what I found online. It's an original astroplane I believe. OH SURE I could just copy it, but what's the fun about that.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.