• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Capacitor list for uniden Madison V4

CHARLEYMARBLES

Jul 2, 2005
Central Michigan
Anyone happen to have a list of capacitors for this radio? I would like to have a go at bringing the old girl back to life. She still works but I notice every once in a while I have to turn it off and back on to get her to go. I'm not sure recapping her will cure all her problems but It's as good a place to start as any I guess??? Also if anyone has a schematic or photofacts for it I'd love to get a scan of it to help me in my venture.

Thanx in advance,
Chuck

Madison

Klondik Mike sells the whole set on fleebay. He is a mener of this forem.he sells the whole set for about 25.00 plue the all upgraded to get rid of the 10volt ones. I got a set from him for my cobra 2000. ben

That would be kool as hell but I don't have 30+ dollars to spend on my radio's ATM. I am looking for a list so I can start buying them one or two at a time till I have them all. Then I'll recap the radio and hopefully have the money to get it properly alinged. If anyone can help I'd apreciate it. Sorry KM I'd love to just send you the money and get them all in one shot but I'd be unable to get the radio alinged then hope you understand.

Chuck

^You'll never guess what was was included right there in that ebay listing in the link Klondike Mike provided..

^You'll never guess what was was included right there in that ebay listing in the link Klondike Mike provided..

Thats right, the ebay listing lists the items. What is provided when you buy my kit is the exact amount of each item and a detailed document as to where they exactly go. As I'm sure BD can confirm (and anyone else who has bought my kits) to the usefulness of the additional information. There's also the time and effort in sourcing the capacitors. Its not just about selling capacitors, it the added value.

CM, no offense taken but I can only add that for $25.95, it is money well spent.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hi yes this kit you download proper places they go picture of a acule radio list the cap nuber on the board and value. Btw buy these caps singaly anywhere fom a buck apeace to 3 bucks.Save yer pennies and buy his kit.Yow wont be soory Ben

Reactions: Klondike Mike
... I do have a kit on eBay.
For future restorers, I have a new link to this kit. I prefer sales from my website than ebay as they take 15% of my profits and charge you the local tax rate. See link below;

https://klondikemikescapkits.com/pr...stalker-xx-pc411ad-electrolytic-capacitor-kit

MadisonPile2b_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.