• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Carrier VS. Swing on AM...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I say who cares as long as your getting out. Why worry about all the technical crap?

Because there is a difference between just getting out, destroying your radio, sounding like crap and one that works well and lasts.

Drive a car that is in a poor state of tune and see how much gas, performance, and efficiency you waste.

Reactions: 2 people
I say who cares as long as your getting out. Why worry about all the technical crap?

Would you like it if neighbors moved in next door and played loud music and partied all night long? Same idea. Your shitty distorted signal will splatter over to adjacent freqs. causing QRM needlessly and making you in violation of the laws both legally and morally. I really can't believe that you as a ham think that way.

Because there is a difference between just getting out, destroying your radio, sounding like crap and one that works well and lasts.

Drive a car that is in a poor state of tune and see how much gas, performance, and efficiency you waste.

MOST IMPORTANTLY ITS ALSO ABOUT COURTESY TO OTHERS ON THE BAND!!! You want to make ememies just get a dirty signal and splash everyone and everything. That will explain the difference between "getting out" and "getting out cleanly"

Reactions: WillyB123
I just put it on my trusty old meter and tune for a good peak reading and im done....
I dont own a scope and i never will....

YOU DONT KNOW WHO I AM SO ID ADVISE YOU TO STFU!

MOST IMPORTANTLY ITS ALSO ABOUT COURTESY TO OTHERS ON THE BAND!!! You want to make ememies just get a dirty signal and splash everyone and everything. That will explain the difference between "getting out" and "getting out cleanly"

Based on the above posts I doubt that courtesy is something that is taken into consideration in this matter.

Reactions: 3 people
Why not worry about all the technical crap? It's 100% Better for the radio! And it's great to have a good sounding, well preforming radio, that doesn't splatter, I can't believe that guy's a ham.. Unbelievable.

Last edited:
This thread has been inactive for over NINE YEARS. It will NOT be open for further comments. This is why I wish threads would automatically close after a certain period of inactivity. There is NO need to dredge shit up again. Well unless that is someones intent, in which case it shall be dealt with in a similar fashion.

Reactions: WillyB123
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.