• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB and VHF Radio

krickett

Jun 1, 2009
Wasn't sure where to post this since it's related to both CB and VHF. I figure i'll just post this thread in both sections.

My family does a lot of offroading and boating, those are the 2 hobbies we all enjoy together. As a result, all the trucks have CB radios, and we would like to install a VHF/CB in the boat. The goal of the radio in the boat, in addition to being able to communicate with other boaters on the water, would also be to communicate with the trucks on land so that we can easily coordinate the launch ramp pickups and drop offs. Most of our boating is done on lakes so the distance shouldn't be an issue.

CB seems to be the standard on the highway and VHF is the standard on the water, so having just a CB in the boat would not be ideal.

Does anyone know of a radio that has both CB and VHF abilities? We'd like to install just 1 radio in the boat. I've been looking on google and other manuf. websites and haven't seen anything. Just wondering if something like that exists.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

not unless your looking at a full coverage hf/vhf rig. you better off running 2 seperate radios as antenna's and whatnot are seperate all together. have you looked into murs? thats vhf cb radio its just not to common, the same radio could do both. just need to have 2m rigs in the trucks as well or at the very least some cheap handheld police scanners or $100 handi talk 2m radios.

murs frequencys, no licence required. wattage is limited so you know.
151.820 MHz
151.880 MHz
151.940 MHz
154.570 MHz
154.600 MHz

Thanks for the feedback, i got a lot of great responses in the other thread I posted in the VHF section.

Problem solved!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.