• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB co-phased antennas

Minigrass would love to test that setup with a field strength meter and a analyzer. At those spacings the feedpoint can't be anywhere near 50 ohm if the parasitic element is working . Of course you could detune the elements to get the swr right . Not saying it can't be made to work .Just might not be working as well as you think.
Tested, all forward nothing out the back. MFJ readings 27.085 R:48 X:8 SWR 1.3:1 closest I could get tuning front and rear.

Donʻt let the camper shell fool ya. Itʻs lined with chicken wire and grounded to the truck bed for counterpoise. Rear antenna is grounded and acts as a reflector. If it didnʻt work, I wouldnʻt hear my number being called. lol

Reactions: Slowmover
i read thru this and i have noticed that some are talking about different setups co-phased is a lot different from phased array and even parasitic arrays (antenna grounded as reflector) are all different to me,,, but everyone seems to be thinking they are all the same,,,,,,,,,,,

i read thru this and i have noticed that some are talking about different setups co-phased is a lot different from phased array and even parasitic arrays (antenna grounded as reflector) are all different to me,,, but everyone seems to be thinking they are all the same,,,,,,,,,,,
We know what were takling about. This is Phased array right. one side of co-phased coax is shorter tthan the other. am I on the right track here? Give one antenna more gain over the other making it kinda directional. Well found this on the net. I htink I know what Phased means lol. http://i.stack.imgur.com/Xh3Z3.png

cophased -
overlap.jpg

The big difference between phased antennas and co-phased antennas is one exists and the other does not. :rolleyes: The term "co-phased" is a misnomer. It is simply a term concocted by the 11m crowd to refer to phased antennas. No other antenna manufacturer or radio service uses this term.There is no "co" part too it. They are simply "phased antennas" regardless of how many of them are in an array. The term "co-phased" was started decades ago because the term "co" was related to "two". Most people use the term wrong. A phased antenna system has coax (or other feedline) connected to each element. A parasitic array has the feedline connected to generally only one element of the array while the other elements act as either directors or reflectors.

The big difference between phased antennas and co-phased antennas is one exists and the other does not. :rolleyes: The term "co-phased" is a misnomer. It is simply a term concocted by the 11m crowd to refer to phased antennas. No other antenna manufacturer or radio service uses this term.There is no "co" part too it. They are simply "phased antennas" regardless of how many of them are in an array. The term "co-phased" was started decades ago because the term "co" was related to "two". Most people use the term wrong. A phased antenna system has coax (or other feedline) connected to each element. A parasitic array has the feedline connected to generally only one element of the array while the other elements act as either directors or reflectors.

thank you.

Reactions: Slowmover
Wow., The right thread popped up.
Pickup bed topper lined with chicken wire & bonded to body. Similar to discussion in MOBILE: PUCK MOUNT thread (expanded metal also mentioned).

Post #33

Nice to see more confirmation

EDIT: see TRUCK BED BEAM thread

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.