• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Go Box Project

“Go Box” in my case is heavy. Meant to sit in big truck passenger seat. A slip-seater, except I’m in truck weeks at a time.

TAC COMM TR2 (2 ea)

Excellent product from which to start. I recommend their site for ideas (if I ever get it done. It’s in the thread: Mobile Install: Peterbilt 579)

A good number of pics are shown at the TAC COMM site.

I’ve called mine the portable base station as it currently has two radios, and amp and misc. A scanner, and yet more additions contemplated.

The portable part is that it fits into a rolling foam-lined SKB transport case with plenty of room for tools & supplies.

I don’t have a great deal of room at home, so that the filled rolling case can go into my pickup was part of the plan.

The TAC COMM shells can be configured quite a few ways. More of them carrying batteries, etc, makes packing gear and transporting it much easier as one isn’t tied to a single box. Attach or detach as required. Electronics always protected inside metal shell.
64D1F9F8-C177-4890-808D-F18A8DE0AAD8.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.