• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB radio app wireless mike by Midland

I dont think it has anything to do with real radio. It's like Zello but you get to pay $140 for a fake microphone so you can LARP as a cb user. And can only talk to others who did the same.

Cobra's iRadar thing downloads road data to your real Cobra CB and it alerts you through the radio. But the CB is still a real CB. Unless the Cobra app is pulling data from Google/WAZE i cant imagine it being very useful.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
The wireless version is mainly for talking to various CB minded people or groups over the telephone. No real CB is needed. The only exception is the handful of radios that are capable of applying a Bluetooth mic. In that case the mic can serve a dual purpose. The mic has a switch so you can choose either “internet fake CB,” or use it as your regular stock mic. Keep in mind, you can use the app on the phone without the mic. The mic merely has a better speaker and audio amp that is also useful for paying music. The wired 4 pin version is a dual purpose mic that will work on most radios if wired correctly. Download the free app and decide for yourself. Myself, it’s not for me and I’m not wasting my time on it, let alone any money.

Guess I’ll get me a Class C and park it downtown.

Using the PA function on an unused channel (from a distant location) announce ominously,

In thirty minutes, . . .

Six for One chicken legs!”

(Gotcha)

Reactions: undertaker
Here's a video on the midland bluetooth mic that originally came out that lets you talk on the CB TALK APP on your phone OR your CB radio. I rewired one to work with a President McKinley. This is a wired microphone though while the one you posted about is a later version and is simply a bluetooth device that acts like a bluetooth mic for your phone/app.

I'm on the road a lot so I find the CB TALK APP to be very enjoyable when the CB Radio is dead and I'm tired of listening to the radio or podcasts. Many of the people on there are truckers and CBers and there are some ham radio guys as well. You can also talk to other countries - if you speak Italian they have lots of users on there :) A couple of people in the UK are on regularly as well.

You can use any bluetooth headset with the CB TALK APP I believe although I haven't tried it myself but you'd still have to press the button on the phone.

Cobra did have a wireless headset but you still had to use a PTT button that's wired to your radio (AND IT WAS A DUD) - https://www.wearecb.com/cobra-bluetooth-cabtcb4-headset.html

Midland should work with the people who make the Echolink smartphone app and get their mics supported. I am sure there are bunch of those users who would go for this interface rather then talking in to a cellphone and dealing with the touch screen PTT at the same time.

Reactions: Mudfoot
C Q 100/irlp for CBers
Looks DMR Talkgroup-ish-like, for CBers.
You can download the app without having the Midland mic and use it in "listen-only" mode. The product came from Midland Europe, and as far as I know the mic isn't available from the Midland USA web page --- you can only get it in the US as a grey-market import. There are US-based "channels" or "talk groups" or "rooms", though. Also, they apparently have a voice-recognition artificial intelligence nanny running in each room, and you get muted/banned if you violate the terms of service (cursing and the like).

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated