I've got two mobiles, one in my 1999 Dodge Dakota pickup truck and one in my wife's 2006 Ford Taurus. Both vehicles run Cobra 148 GTLs (we generally use single side band when it's just the two of us). My pickup uses an oversized stud with a 6 inch spring and a 102 inch whip. My wife's car uses a Wilson 1000. Here's a picture of the stud/coax setup on my pickup. I basically just drilled a 3/8" hole in the bed rail and ran the stud through it. The stud's female portion is keyed for an allen wrench so I was able to really crank down on it. I use this stud because I started out using a regular stud and it was so small relative to the antenna size/weight that it was flexing and fatiguing the steel of my truck bed. This stud fits through the same size hole, but is bug heavier and with a larger washer so it distributes the weight a lot better. My truck doesn't have the rubber grommets in the floorboard so I just drilled a hole through the cab and bed and ran the coax through there with some protective measures and sealed it with rubber silicone to prevent water intrusion. That allowed me to hide the majority of the coax under the bed rail until it gets to the stud mount. I tried using a right angle adapter on the lower side of the stud to get rid of the loop in the coax, but the adapter wouldn't tighten up in this stud, I guess because of the fact that it's keyed for the allen wrench, so I just left the loop in the coax and cranked down on it with a pair of pliers. Click image for larger version I'll be posting a video a little bit later once it uploads to YouTube that shows more details of both vehicle setups.