• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB-radio or a ham-radio?

DX-Viking said:
Witch is the best radio for DX-ing on the 11-meter band a CB-radio or a ham-radio?
Any suggestions on a good and mobile 11-meter DX-radio, price under 1200 $/1000 EUR?

If you are going to use it mostly for SSB, look at these used ham rigs:
Icom IC-725 ($250-$350US)
Icom IC-751A ($350-$500US)
or going back further,
The "IRON MAN" of radios - Yaesu FT-101E.
Naturally, this is my opinion, but I'd take anyone of those over an RCI any day.
-TSG

Id sure like to know where you can get a NEW 706MKIIG with power supply for $600. The radio alone will cost you $950. Power supply is probably another $150-200. Let me know...Ill take 2 of them

DX-Viking said:
Witch is the best radio for DX-ing on the 11-meter band a CB-radio or a ham-radio?
Actually DX-Viking a export radio will work just fine, such as a RCI 2970dx. It has double the power of a 706 MKll and will do you just fine for 11 meters and all for around $425 to $450 new and around $325 used.

OR.......You can go with 2950dx for around $315 new or $200 to $230 used and apply a little external heat behind it and work the 11 meter band with no problem.

There is absolutely no benefit in going to a HIGH dollar radio just to work the 11 meter band, unless one does not have to pay a high dollar price for it.

frmboybuck said:
Id sure like to know where you can get a NEW 706MKIIG with power supply for $600. The radio alone will cost you $950. Power supply is probably another $150-200. Let me know...Ill take 2 of them

sorry i dont give out suppliers or were t get but you can get it for what i said. maybe someone else will tell you of places.

Thats because you cant get a new 706mkIIG for less than $950...anywhere. Thats cheaper than they were 2 years ago at$750. If they were $600, everyone would have one. Why wont you give out the supplier??
Buck

You can't buy a new one for that price unless it comes from the trunk of a car in an alley somewhere. ;) HRO generally has good prices and it is $949.99 right now.Icom pushed the price up about $200 a month or so ago.If there were in fact any at $600 they would be gone now.BTW what is the big deal about not giving out names of dealers,unless of course his name is Guido and he sets up shop in back alleys. :p

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.