• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB slang is horrible

You should hear some of the terms used the highways. Just when you think you've heard it all them a driver says something so funny you almost fall put of the truck.

Yup, I’m warming’ right up to, “raking the leaves”,

Said it before: Literally, some of the funniest things I’ve heard in this lifetime came across that radio.

a). Sometimes, you need to be a truck driver to appreciate it. Apt description.

b). Sometimes, it’s wit on display. Great comedic timing.

c). Then there’s the occasional corn-fed genius has men pulling off onto the side of the road. No way to focus till that moment passes.

Well so is "hi, hi,hi" and "fine business old man" on ham radio. Dork speak
yeeeahh i question that slang too,yet you say 1 thing off the edge n those uhh "PRO" hammys jump down your throat.dont ask

Reactions: Eldorado828
Yup, I’m warming’ right up to, “raking the leaves”,

Said it before: Literally, some of the funniest things I’ve heard in this lifetime came across that radio.

a). Sometimes, you need to be a truck driver to appreciate it. Apt description.

b). Sometimes, it’s wit on display. Great comedic timing.

c). Then there’s the occasional corn-fed genius has men pulling off onto the side of the road. No way to focus till that moment passes.

bless his soul but a friend n neighbor ive known all our lives,died 4 years ago. anyhow the just renamed old 71 south of I 44 to us 59.david n i were heading home on I44. we got almost to the 71-59 exit n he asked WONDER WHERE THAT 59 GOES? this driva litterally pulled over n detailed route 59. we remained silent till we got to daves getoff n we let laughter rip cause we were 6 miles from that driva n he was still tellin about "new"59

When you guys talk on the radio do you use "CB slang"? You know...BUMP BUMP, I gust got down, no doubt about it, etc. etc.? What if you walked into McDonalds and placed your order like this...

"Hey Timmy, Hey Timmy... I need a Big Mac BUMP BUMP! And a large fries....NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! And why don't you throw in a large chocolate shake....AND I JUST GOT DOWN"!!!

I wonder if guys that talk like this on the radio also talk like this while cashing their paycheck, ordering food, talking to their lawyer, or talking to a police officer that just pulled them over.

I'm sure glad I don't have any of these phrases in my vocabulary when I talk. My point? If you don't talk like that in person, don't do it over the air. Maybe CB wouldn't have such a hillbilly reputation.

Just my $0.02. Please carry on.
Or The guy saying one one one or the audio audio. Or repeats the first few.word over and over before finishing the sentence

dont forget this current 1 waving the hand at you,sounds to me its like callin you a GOOD BUDDY hahahahaHAHAHAHAHA

Reactions: Slowmover
Strawberry, I am sticking my hand up waving at you man, your making a whole lot of noise in my receiver, no duck plucking doubt about it.

Mr Strawberry, I have no doubt they call you World Wide on the Black Sand beaches, down town Grass Skirt City.
Hey!
Hey 4040
I hear you calling my name 4040,
I hear you working that yackamaw radio round the dock of the bay on the back side of my beam duck plucker.

Hey 4040, Double Barrel in the Golden Valley said your ghost talking hahahah.
Old Double Barrel said your ghost talking man.
Says he can't hear Prime in his receiver hehehe....

RIP 4040.

And I am reading the mail.....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated