• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Sounds Squeally On Receiving End.

Brandon

Jan 3, 2011
Hello Community.

I received a CB radio for Christmas and have installed it.

The equipment that I'm running is:
Midland® Compact 1001Z 40-ChannelCB Radio. - Midland® Compact 1001Z 40-ChannelCB Radio - RadioShack.com
Midland® 18-258 27MHz Window Mount CB Radio Antenna.
Midland® 18-258 27MHz Window Mount CB Radio Antenna - RadioShack.com
Pyle Plus Horn.
CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter
RadioShack.com

I have the CB Radio in my car in a common location. I have the antenna window mount located on my back window centered and the horn under my hood. The antenna that is on the back window, we put on, and then found out we are not to place the antenna on a window that has a window wormer on it. We used the SWR meter and made the CB come in better. After doing such I still had random people tell me I was extremely Squeally when I speak. I can hear others ok so not sure what to do here.

What should I do to make it so that it does not come in squeally when I talk?
New Mic?
New Antenna?

What have you guys done with this problem?

-Brandon.

I agree, I think you could roll your window down and yell farther then a through the glass mount antenna. You might try a Lil Wil or K-30 and see if the problem goes away.

That antenna is like stripping the end of the coax 4 or 5'' and laying it on the floor of the vehicle.

Sounds like a bad microphone cord or a feed back issue and those cheaper radios are known for having issues straight out of the box and should be avoided at all cost.

I had a guy try 3 of them new before he was convinced they were crap.

Mike gain too high would be my guess.

Glass-mounted antennas are perfectly okay at VHF and above; however, you can't use one on passivated glass, or where there's something embedded IN the glass, like the rear window deicer or a factory-installed entertainment radio antenna.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.