• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB with Weather Channels?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I had a radio with Weather channels for a while. My experience was that when I got too far away from a major city, I couldn't pick up a station. I think most of the ones that broadcast on those channels are located at airports. I like the idea though...there's probably something else out there that can pick up the National Weather Service broadcasts.

Moleculo

</p>

VictorDrazen,

Hello from a fellow Coloradon. In Colorado the NOAA weather stations are not limited to the larger cities. There is one not far from me serving the San Luis Valley and surrounding mountains. I happen to have for sale a Midland 79-290 that has the 7 US weather channels and 3 Canadian weather channels. Nice little radio and I am will to make someone a good deal.

fasteddy

High Country DX, HF Specailist. Del Norte, CO
contact me at pe765@aol.com
mid79290big.jpg
</p>

I'm interested in buying a CB, but nothing fancy or modified.

I've heard some good things about the Uniden PC68 models. The PC68LTW has the weather channels and I was wondering if that would be a good option to consider. I would like to be able to pick up weather reports when I'm out in the back country of Colorado. Do you have to be close to a metroplex to even receive these weather channels?

Also...does a CB with weather channels need a special antenna?

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.