• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB3PP-FP power plug

Just a quick follow-up on these plugs. A 10AWG will work fine on them if you have a sharp knife and are very careful with solder. Making room for the 10AWG is fairly simple via removing some plastic on the inside of the plug. You MUST remove the insulation from the wire and then use some shrink tube in it's place. Once the terminals are soldered and slipped into one side of the plug, use another piece of shrink tube over the pair and reassemble the plug. Then use 1/2" shrink tube over the wires and 1/2 way up the plug. Good to go!! Now, here is the good part. When using 12AWG power lead, using a 12W carrier, my radio would float at 14.6v (psu output) and drop to 14.2 when keyed. Now, using the 10AWG, it floats at 14.6v and holds 14.6v when keyed. When I crank up the SSB to 150 pep, it will drop to 14.3v. I'm happy.

Reactions: Woody-202

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.