• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CBers need your help please

Texas JB

Oct 5, 2012
Got a cobra 29 ltd classic that's been down tuned for my Texas star 350 amp. For some reason when the dynamike is all the way up and I key the radio it makes this horrible humming sound. I have to turn down my dynamike almost to 9 o clock for it to go away. What's going on?

Got a cobra 29 ltd classic that's been down tuned for my Texas star 350 amp. For some reason when the dynamike is all the way up and I key the radio it makes this horrible humming sound. I have to turn down my dynamike almost to 9 o clock for it to go away. What's going on?

You are getting feedback. Mount the amp away from the radio and ground it good. If you have talkback, remove it. If you are running a power mic, turn it down.

I had this problem on a similar setup before...in my case it turned out the AMC was clipped and the radio was running so ragged that turning up the mic gain caused massive feedback.

Was the guy who worked on your radio respectable?

Well I have it set at 2 o clock pushing 80 percent... Any more and the truck goes crazy! And quick question. Us it normal your amp sets off a local business security alarm? Hmm

Well I have it set at 2 o clock pushing 80 percent... Any more and the truck goes crazy! And quick question. Us it normal your amp sets off a local business security alarm? Hmm

For a Cobra 29 and a TS 350 to set off a security system indicates a cheap ass, poorly installed security system.

Was sittin at a store last night while my spouse went in. Next door was a child care place. Full power I keyed up and talked and their alarm went off. I couldn't help but almost piss myself! Found out my turbo echo board was up to high and got ride of the feedback. Appreciate it folks.

Some of the older business alarms used components that produced 27MHz RFI, and they were also susceptible to the same...

Either that or you have a lot of bleed over.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.