• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CBS 1000's are back

cbs-1000

Any on the airwaves yet?, what is the warranty on them?, problems?, the price is right, it's a price war, vary on the average $20 from different places.
For the money it doesnt seem bad...

doctor :shock:

Are these the same as the Cherokee with the WX band or are they the export version with FM mode ?

price

I saw two places so far in a quick search $149 to $169 for them, wonder if its a one or two year warranty?

doctor

I can't answer the length of the warranty. Highlander no FM model being imported as of now.
NorthPoint Warranty Center #1-877-638-3710

Still a good radio for the money for a basic radio. As I see it fits the needs of some operators out there. Not all but some.

[quote="Thestonerguy
Cheap is correct. If you get one, be very gentle with the channel selector.....[/quote]

The same is true for the push button controls.

Are these FCC type accepted?

"The same is true for the push button controls".

Amen to that!! And while we're at it, how about those short shaft front controls? If you have to replace one (or more) you begin to wonder if any thread makes it out on the side of the panel to get a nut on...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1