• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CBtricks web site is up

But he is still the registered owner of the domain.
That was updated in 2018, and expires next year, also if you send a email to that address you never get a reply.
The phone number listed is disconnected, I have tried calling it.
Bennie poured a lot of work into the site, I really think if he was the one to " bring it back to life"
he would have updated the front page and explained the missing sections.
I don't buy it.

Jeff

Maybe, just maybe it is Bennie! Would love to be back in that forum but what a long shot. Will wait and see what happens now!
I am 99% sure all the info from the forum is gone.
There was a incredible amount of talented people there, Chris, John, Richard, Andy, Bill and more that I can't remember.
That was big loss.

Jeff

Reactions: Eldorado828
That was updated in 2018, and expires next year, also if you send a email to that address you never get a reply.
The phone number listed is disconnected, I have tried calling it.
Bennie poured a lot of work into the site, I really think if he was the one to " bring it back to life"
he would have updated the front page and explained the missing sections.
I don't buy it.

Jeff
But it was updated 12 days ago.
Some investigation needs to happen.

Attachments

• cbtricks whois.jpg
    cbtricks whois.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Eldorado828
None of what I have read changes the fact the site is showing something other than what Bennie had up last. Why is that? Did Bennie lose everything? I highly doubt that. Why would Bennie revert to an older mirror? The one man who should have the "holy grail of backups", doesn't have it? This isn't the real CBTricks, period. Someone is taking advantage of the fact that all of us are willing to support (only) the real thing, and that person has decided to buy the domain and try to take advantage of the opportunity to take on voluntary donations. Probably the same A-hole that started CB-Tricks. If Bennie is behind this, he needs to clear the confusion. When he does, I'll support the site in a heartbeat! But not before....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.