• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CDX Club

Everything is going great down here on these muddy water, fixing to get back into the hobby after all these years of being away, i didnt know if the cdx club was still out there or bot and what freq is everybody on these days? I would like to get the cdx club back going again and start doing the contest again, if yall are still out there shoot me a email at bobbyd211@gmail.com and let me know what ssb freq yall are on and what yall think about the contest

Great, ill def try to put it on ya, i remember audioshockwave and phil over in nevada along with many others who use to just hurt my recieve everytime, my idea is try to find out who is all out there willing to still be interested in the contest, like to get somefeedback. From everyone so email me and let me know what freq everyone hangs out on,, bobby

I thought I heard some contesting going on this past weekend, too bad I didn't look to see if anything was posted here, I could have joined in, station is up and running here. CDX-443

I remember the old days too. Miss them days in a lot of ways ... thought about some of the old guys who are no longer around too, like Dean ...

Contest sounds fun, moved a couple years ago, don't yet have a tower up (who wants to come dig the hole?)
Still got all the equipment though ...

Glad to see there are still a few of you out there!

I was trying to remember who all was here before Dean when it was still in a BBS format.
It was out of Texas, and all I can remember was peekaboo, loanwolf, Jeff, fasteddie, some from the
radio shop and early xforce but my memory is fading. I can't even remember the name of the radio shop. Old #7, but I think that was after them and when Dean took over. Anybody remember the name of the shop?

That was way back.
Some of the original members Tim ( Mole ) Lone Wolf (Randy) Dean, ( Charger), 211 in the Mag, (Bobby), Undertaker, ( also Bobby ),558 Radio Free Chiacgo ( Bill), DX Man ( Larry) Dealer, BOO, Panama, SlingBlade, Webs Jewel, ButtFuzz, Skeeterman, RogerBird, Becrewcaptain ......
DaveMade had a spot, X Force, One Stop Electronics, can`t remember them all now.
Old #7 David from Oregon, he was a sharp guy with RF until he had a bunch of bad deals show up on the forum.
And Charger was doing work for EEI, Express electronics Inc, they screwed several people on the forum, and really pulled a fast one on dean, took all of his work and ran with it.

Jeff

Whatever became of Hook? And wasn't him who got pissed at his new Magnum 257 and tossed it out of the window of his tow truck???

EEI, thanks Jeff that was driving me crazy. Bought the Ranger 6900 150w version there.
Yep all those names are coming back. Rogerbird and also, I'm thinking his name was Bill as well in california where I bought my Lincoln. Nice memories.

I have not talked to Hook 948 in a long while, I can not even remember his Ham call at the moment....KD5VHF maybe?
Yes, he chucked his NEW Magnum on the side of the freeway at about 70 MpH if I recall lol.

RogerBird was in CO, you might be thinking of Bill Nadzam in Morgen Hill CA, he had a store called Bills Two Way, Great guy.
I got plenty of parts for the 2510/2600/LINCOLN`s from him, including a few ChipSwitches.
Last time we talked he was not in good health and had basically slowed way down on what he was selling, His Website is still up I think but I do not know how up to date it is..

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?