• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

"Challenger", Dino Davila passed away

Craig

Jan 31, 2011
Central Florida
I'm sad to report that "Challenger", Dino Davila passed away. Dino will probably be familiar to many of you from his numerous YouTube videos. Dino did announce a while back that he was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease.

934865_10151622540133383_493235978_n.jpg

Dino's YouTube Channel
Dino Davila - YouTube

Dino's Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/DINO911

When did he die? I just heard him on the radio the other day, I hear him all the time when I am going to and from work.

Yes very sad news indeed :(.
RIP Challenger and thanks for the good memories and superb Youtube videos my Friend

Dave M0OGY,
North Lincolnshire,
United Kingdom.

I just read this today. I met Dino in person back in February when he drove up from St. Louis to purchase a radio from me. We chatted another 1/2 hr. about radios. Seemed like a great guy, it's a shame we lost him.

Reactions: Mudfoot and toker69
Just found this out today. I know he made a video about his illness but I had no idea he had passed. What a truly genuine man he was, he always made me smile watching his videos and always looked forward to what he was going to surprise us with next from his massive amounts of all things radio. Hope to meet you later on Dino.

Reactions: toker69
Dino's videos are still helping people.And I just got down.....he didn't care much for that expression. ......lol....73 my friend

Reactions: Mudfoot

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.