• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chameleon V4 on tri-mag mount, will it stick?

elsinga

May 3, 2012
Guys,

thinking of buying a Chameleon V4 and a MFJ tri-mag mount for mobile HF operation with my IC7000. For any of you with a V4 on a mag mount I have a few questions:

- will this antenna work mobile without a tuner? If so, on what bands?
- will this antenna stay on the roof of my car and up to what speed?

Yes it will work. If you do so make sure to ground the base of the V4 to your vehicle chassis with a ground wire. The V4 will cover 2M to around 20M depending of the antenna installation and height on your vehicle.

Now I don't know what frequencies you're looking for but have a look at their new antenna here:

Combo: Chameleon HYBRID-MINI / Chameleon MIL on a backpack
Combo: Chameleon HYBRID-MINI / Chameleon MIL on a backpack - YouTube

They've a forum here: All Discussions - CHAMELEON ANTENNA FORUM

The V4 will be mounted on the top of my car, so not a lot of height. ;) I do not want to use a tuner, so I would be very happy if it was somewhat resonant from 20m-70cm (according to the Chameleon SWR plot I could be lucky!).

Don't know if I can get it grounded, but I will try.

Thanks for your info so far! Anyone who has some info about it not falling off at speed? :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.