• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

chan mod question

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
so on the ranger 696f

this is what i found for the mod:

Channel conversion

After removing the bottom cover, look behind the channel selector..
You are looking for J33, once located, find P5(yellow) &P6 (grey).

Cut wire on P5 which is yellow and install a SPST switch inline.

Cut P6 which is grey and install a SPST switch in line.

If you want, you can wire it up to the switches on the radio, anl-nb-ch19/off-dim bright.

Just make sure that if you want it bright, that you wire acordingly, the same with the anl-nb, if you want it on, wire acordingly.

where does the other end of the switch go for each wire? ground? or do they all go in parallel?...... i plan on using the NB and ANL switches.

or do you cut the wire in half and add a switch in parallel with each wire/?

ok guys got it! and it works great!:) only took about 20min. i used the nb and anl buttons.

Doubt that very much. In fact, if Hams don't get off of their 'high horse' they may become a dodo bird well before CB does. I'm a Ham and can say that . . .

The Above post Goes Double for me.
CB radio is Booming compared to Ham Radio right now.
And there is NOTHING that turns a prospective new radio operator away faster than a " Holy-er than thou Ham" spewing rules and regulations to grown adults that are fully aware of what they are doing.
If one does not like reading about what is going on in the world of CB radio today ( and not twenty years ago) perhaps one should stay in just the Ham radio section at the top of the Forum.
The FCC has totally lost sight of what CB radio has come to be in this century.
True, it was never "intended" to be a hobby radio service, it however has most certainly become one, regardless of what it started out as.
As For Having a CDL, and a Radio that will go out of band, I have no idea where that came from but it is soooo far off base that I will not waste time on it.
If anyone thinks CB radio is going the way of the Dodo bird,, they forgot to tell the Manufactures that are making money hand over fist, designing, building, selling, offering warranty work on, spending money on promotions of, sales, support staff for CB and The Now Infamous "export/ 10 meter " radios ....Oh did i mention making money?

Now After THAT rant..
I will say, yes stay off the Amateur frequency's if you do not want to draw attention to yourself and do not have your license.
What ever else you do is your business.
You takes your own chances

Jeff

( I guess I should have doubled up on my Psych Meds this morning)

And there is NOTHING that turns a prospective new radio operator away faster than a " Holy-er than thou Ham" spewing rules and regulations.
If one does not like reading about what is going on in the world of CB radio today ( and not twenty years ago) perhaps one should stay in just the Ham radio section at the top of the Forum.
True, it was never "intended" to be a hobby radio service, it however has most certainly become one, regardless of what it started out as.
If anyone thinks CB radio is going the way of the Dodo bird,, they forgot to tell the Manufactures that are making money hand over fist, designing, building, selling, offering warranty work on, spending money on promotions of, sales, support staff ....Oh did i mention making money? 73 Jeff
Hear! Hear!
Been a ham for over 40 years. Kept a hand in CB for all that time, so I'm very familiar with the changes it's gone through. Any ham today, who disparages CB'ers (one can disparage CB all they wish), is a fool. Where do we hams think new blood is coming from? Stamp collectors? Model train buffs? Kayakers? So far, up here, about 90% of new hams came from the CB/freebander ranks. Some of the latest export radio/10m radio designs are highly innovative. If ham radio is to continue to grow, we hams have to reach out to interested CB'ers/freebanders and welcome them to our hobby. A supercilious, holier-than-thou attitude will only turn off new entrants. I know a few of those types. Ignoramii all, they have never talked on or really listened to CB, but yet they spew all the "de rigeur" anti-CB jargon typically popular in the late '70's, (when they first got licensed), such as whoppers like "10-4 Big Buddy", and "Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down, Big Buddy". Yes, I wrote "Big Buddy", to show both how out of touch they are, and their basic ignorance. Cretins like this are also trouble to local hams. (We currently have an issue with one these guys locally.) These idiots are "Pecksniffs", self-righteous hypocrites.

woa...... i use "this" radio for cb use, how ever.....every so often we get the good buddy's from the south of border with there noise toy's, echos, yelling in spanish spewing on all 40 channels, that us locals ( quite a few locals are hams and are completely cool on the cb bands here ),, who do in fact take cb as a hobby we go below and above for example: 26.9450.00o...... that is not 12 meters, and no hams allocate 12 meters anyways its mostly harmonics and weird noises. now is 27.555.00o a ham band? im not sure! but i do know that it is a international call channel which i do use allot to talk around the world "free of charge" :) i may not have my license yet due to the fact that our local ham op is.... iv sent countless emails asking to be put on the list and have made several phone calls, which has left me no choice but to A) free-band *unless hams are there*, B) will travel out-side of my city to find the other ham clubs and take my test there. also, iv passed tech and general test online several times with flying colors.

it really sickens me how distasteful some of these self centered high almighty godly hams really think they are. ( i say this because if someone new to the radio community got hit by these ignorant people i think they would stay away from ham bands all together and never join up.

woa...... i use "this" radio for cb use, how ever.....every so often we get the good buddy's from the south of border with there noise toy's, echos, yelling in spanish spewing on all 40 channels, that us locals ( quite a few locals are hams and are completely cool on the cb bands here ),, who do in fact take cb as a hobby we go below and above for example: 26.9450.00o...... that is not 12 meters, and no hams allocate 12 meters anyways its mostly harmonics and weird noises. now is 27.555.00o a ham band? im not sure! but i do know that it is a international call channel which i do use allot to talk around the world "free of charge" :) i may not have my license yet due to the fact that our local ham op is.... iv sent countless emails asking to be put on the list and have made several phone calls, which has left me no choice but to A) free-band *unless hams are there*, B) will travel out-side of my city to find the other ham clubs and take my test there. also, iv passed tech and general test online several times with flying colors.

it really sickens me how distasteful some of these self centered high almighty godly hams really think they are. ( i say this because if someone new to the radio community got hit by these ignorant people i think they would stay away from ham bands all together and never join up.
Before I continue, let's set down some parameters...

the 12M band covers 24.890 Mhz to 24.990 Mhz. Any U.S. amateur, with a general or higher can use that band. 27.555 is in the so-called "freeband". You won't find any hams there, unless they're freebanding.

OK - that said, I pretty much agree with what you say. Self-righteous, holier-than-thou hams are a detriment to the hobby.

Our local club promotes ham radio to CB'ers and freebanders, and we encourage such "newbies". We welcome them and encourage them to get involved. Many of our members operate on the CB, and know all the locals, and they know us. We have a few Delegated Examiners (just like your Volunteer Examiners) in our group, and we have licensed quite a few already. Some smaller communities have only one ham club, so you might want to look farther afield. (I live in a city with about 1.2 million population in the region.) Good luck.

Just enjoy your new radio...PERIOD.

My own thoughts after being in the radio hobby for almost 40 years are now as follows: Hams who continually bitch about what CB'ers do and CB'ers who have the chip on their shoulder for ham radio ops are all cut from the same cloth. They just can't see it. ;)

Get over yourselves.

Just enjoy your new radio...PERIOD.

My own thoughts after being in the radio hobby for almost 40 years are now as follows: Hams who continually bitch about what CB'ers do and CB'ers who have the chip on their shoulder for ham radio ops are all cut from the same cloth. They just can't see it. ;)

Get over yourselves.

i may not have my license just yet, but ill tell you what i love ham radio stuff, psk31, satellite, repeaters. CB is also very fun. so to hell with the h8erz:love:

AudioShockwav;296178

And there is NOTHING that turns a prospective new radio operator away faster than a " Holy-er than thou Ham" spewing rules and regulations to grown adults that are fully aware of what they are doing.
As For Having a CDL, and a Radio that will go out of band, I have no idea where that came from but it is soooo far off base that I will not waste time on it.
If anyone thinks CB radio is going the way of the Dodo bird,, they forgot to tell the Manufactures that are making money hand over fist, designing, building, selling, offering warranty work on, spending money on promotions of, sales, support staff for CB and The Now Infamous "export/ 10 meter " radios ....Oh did i mention making money?

Now After THAT rant..
I will say, yes stay off the Amateur frequency's if you do not want to draw attention to yourself and do not have your license.
What ever else you do is your business.
You takes your own chances

Jeff

( I guess I should have doubled up on my Psych Meds this morning)

How true Jeff.Iam with ya on the doubling the MEDS:D 73s coathanger N.E P.A.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.