• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Change of plans-:(

That was the first base antenna I ever had. I thought it was super, I could talk 30 miles to my buddy across town that gave it to me.

I never really compared it to other CB vertical antennas I had over time, but it seemed to work just about as good. I popped the circuit board with the Tesla coil idea in the bottom hub too. I repaired it, and it worked, but I didn't trust it.

I took down a bunch of these for neighbors over the years, and some told the got them at Radio Shack. They did have a stronger looking coil in them, but I never tested one...the elements were often missing or broken when I was asked to get them out of a yard somewhere. I got lots of good aluminum and some that was worthless. I built a couple of beams over the years using those parts where I could.

Those were the good old days!!!!!!!!!!!
This one has a couple radials that need straightened and the coil cover has a crack that i siliconed. Other than that it works great. I get 1.1-1 swr, has good ears and never had a problem with contacts hearing me.
So its possible for someone who has the proper knowledge to modify the matching section to handle mo powah? Asking for a friend... :whistle:

Reactions: Marconi
Tokin, there are many videos for the HyGain CLR2 monofilar coil & Tesla's bifilar coil ideas...if interested. There maybe some ideas for higher power coils in these videos too.

Here is one video by a fellow, Master Ivo, that seems to me talks very simply and clearly.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.