• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

change pill in palomar elite 300

I'm not sure about the foot print of the 2 devices but if they're compatible then
Yes but you'll need to change the input and output windings in the transformers and retune the output.

It is possible to change pill 2sd1446 to 2sc2979 pill in palomar elite 300

Output transformer would need to be changed and the input transformer needs to be rewrapped. input and output tuning would need to be changed. The 1446 is a small case pill and the 2879s are large cased pills so it would be a hatchet job. $80-$85 of parts to fix an amp worth about $150 brand new is not a good idea.
Palomars are amps that you use until they blow, then throw them away.

Agreed, I used to sell Palomar Elite 300's back when you could get a case of 24 for like 1250 bucks. They were a cheap throwaway amp that was one small step above junk. As Robb stated, they are poor performers on SSB.

I have not priced them as of late, wow, if they sell for 150 bucks now that's pretty sad. There is much much better out there to spend that money on. If you have a blown final I would list it on E-Bay as fix or repair. The Palomar name still sells, some sucker will buy it for 30 bucks.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.