• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CHANGING CHANNEL DISPLAY

Just clip each leg on the old channel display with some sharp nippers then de-solder each leg individually and you may want to get yourself a de-soldering tool from radio shack.

Be sure to clip the old legs as long as possible to give yourself plenty to grab on to.

Then just drop the new one in the old slot and alternate from one corner to the other as not to over heat any one section of the display.

I AM CHANGING MY CHANNEL DISPLAY AND WAS WONDERING IF THEIR IS ANY TIPS OUT THEIR. ALSO THIS ONE IS THE ONE I BOUGHT New Blue cb radio LED @ Channel Display Cobra Kit !! - eBay (item 120547034972 end time Apr-21-10 08:13:33 PDT). WILL THIS FIT IN THE TRC-447

Well, unless you have some way to cross reference the display part number with the TRC-447 there's no way to know if it will work in your radio. Honestly, if you have not done any component replacement like this..it's not the way to start unless you just want to try it for giggles and don't care if you damage the radio. Sorry if that's not the answer you were loking for.

Here's a link to the schematics and other info that may help.

http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/realistic/trc_447/index.htm

mackmobile43, would you happen to know which blue display LEDs fit the TRC-448? The Radio Shack display P/N is LO831, "MFRs P/N" SG-N72-01. It's 2-digit, common anode.

I AM CHANGING MY CHANNEL DISPLAY AND WAS WONDERING IF THEIR IS ANY TIPS OUT THEIR. ALSO THIS ONE IS THE ONE I BOUGHT New Blue cb radio LED @ Channel Display Cobra Kit !! - eBay (item 120547034972 end time Apr-21-10 08:13:33 PDT). WILL THIS FIT IN THE TRC-447

Best advice is to practice on an old scrapper of a radio,removing the led display (or any other multi pin components) with a solder sucker,then resoldering it/them,till you get it down to a fine art,before you go doing it to a serviceable radio otherwise you may do serious damage to it that may cost you a few bob/dollars to get repaired.

That way you will become very proficient at soldering/desoldering in a short space of time,and risk no damage to good equipment.

p.s. just because led displays have the same physical size/pin spacing they may not be the same pinouts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.