• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

channel 17 idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
everytime there is skip channel 17 AM someone plays a siren. anyone else hear it? its happening right now again @ 3:22PM PST :headbang
there is someone under the siren trying to play country music lol wow..... 17 must be the psycho channel.

everytime there is skip channel 17 AM someone plays a siren. anyone else hear it? its happening right now again @ 3:22PM PST :headbang
there is someone under the siren trying to play country music lol wow..... 17 must be the psycho channel.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes, and your point is? This kind of cretinitis has been going on CB for...what? forever! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

You think that's bad? You should been here in Ottawa, back in the mid-nineties! Cretins, wackos, jammers, lunatics, and a whole lot worse. T'was great entertainment. ;)

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes, and your point is? This kind of cretinitis has been going on CB for...what? forever! :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

You think that's bad? You should been here in Ottawa, back in the mid-nineties! Cretins, wackos, jammers, lunatics, and a whole lot worse. T'was great entertainment. ;)

Still is; if you like and go for that sort of thing.
Not me! Just remember this; that it takes two to tango. One guy starts the abusive behavior; and another gets sucked into it because they like the abuse. Sound twisted? Ohhhhh yeeeaaaahhhhh . . .

The really strange thing is - all you have to do is change the channel or just turn it off. If you have it on because of skip; you can always find it on another channel too. No excuse for making it worse by staying on ch 17 and feeding those dark minds. Ch 17 in the Bay Area of CA is NO DIFFERENT AT ALL. Probably worse; much worse really.

Being a Ham means you can always get out of that crap easily enough by spinning the dial and going where they can't go and don't know where to find you. Works for me . . .

Still is; if you like and go for that sort of thing.
So long as it stays on CB, i'm indifferent to it.

Not me! Just remember this; that it takes two to tango. One guy starts the abusive behavior; and another gets sucked into it because they like the abuse. Sound twisted? Ohhhhh yeeeaaaahhhhh . . .
I've been doing a lay-man's, amateur sociological study of CB for about 40 years. I won't get into some of my findings here, but suffice to say that a lot of... unfortunate and underprivileged sorts inhabit the CB. Let's leave it at that. Unfortunately, here in Ottawa, back in the mid-nineties, we had a lot of literally illiterates, welfare cases, ex-cons and criminals on parole, prostitutes, and who knows who else on the CB. Plus the usual kids and punks, and it was a nightly free-for-all. To those of us who casually study human nature it was both quite an education, and great entertainment. I can't even begin to describe some if the carrying-on!

This is no longer the case today (I suspect most of the participants hived off to Paltalk on the internet. I understand they are using power and echo mikes there!!! :rolleyes:). Today all is relatively quiet on the CB here; just local chit-chat. A few "keeners" are around, but they are not troublemakers. Across the river is Quebec about 7 miles away. We talk to them often, but what is more interesting is that of our Francophone friends, a few are hams. Their conversations often revolve around amateur issues: putting up 2M antennas, talking about amateur HF rigs, or discussing 2M SSB. The English locals, on the Ontario side don't seem to be that ambitious (i.e.: don't have their tickets).
Being a Ham means you can always get out of that crap easily enough by spinning the dial and going where they can't go and don't know where to find you. Works for me . . .
I agree.

CB channel 19 in Grand Rapids MI is 24/7 welfare drunks talking to themselves...Their raspy vocals courtesy of Marlboro Reds.

I don't use the CB much but for the past two years if I turn it on while I'm driving around locally it's the same guy spewing his babble on 19. If a trucker says something to him he goes off on a profanity laced rant. A real class act.

The LSB/Ch 38 crowd in the CA Bay Area is entirely different - for the most part. Lots of radio tech talk, funny stuff - sometimes, skip talking, a regular group of anywhere from 4 to 10 people. Sometimes more. Not at all like 17 AM stuff.

Sometimes the 17 AMers will pop in for a visit. They will either try to act like the rest of us; or some try to bring the 17 AM stuff up there. Depending on who it is - of course. We then usually change the freq to 10, 12, 15, 17, or 20m and leave them in the dust.

Just don't feed that stuff.
You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
This happens everywhere. here it is channel 13AM as it is the channel used by the drivers who drive for the garbage dump here. Usually a nice crowd of guys but a few locals like to go there and harass them. I guess their life is just that boring.

CB channel 19 in Grand Rapids MI is 24/7 welfare drunks talking to themselves...Their raspy vocals courtesy of Marlboro Reds.
And, liberally lubricated with either beer, or cheap whiskey!

I don't use the CB much but for the past two years if I turn it on while I'm driving around locally it's the same guy spewing his babble on 19. If a trucker says something to him he goes off on a profanity laced rant. A real class act.
Around here, truckers use the CB extensively during the day. They will choose any arbitrary channel to talk on, irrespective of local use. This really pisses off the Francophone CB'ers across the river!

We have a few dedicated "chat" channels here: CH13 for the local English speakers, a couple of miscreants on 21 but they're harmless. CH24, CH31 are for the Francophones primarily. Some interesting chat on those, some technical, some mundane. In the early AM we have a small gang on 35 LSB for about an hour. Very little SSB action on the local CB. Used to be about 1995 or so, though. I suspect that most of those SSB ops became hams along time ago, and there are no CB SSB hobbyists left.

Unfortunately, this type is everywhere and not just on 11M. The "Official Hams" are just as bad on some frequencies.

They are all like a bad fart, no matter what band. Don't acknowledge them and they will eventually blow away in the wind. :D

Its a local up here in the Portland Oregon area, hes been visited by the FCC but still throws carriers. He has even had court orders to not talk on the radio even before the FCC visited him.

Im just waiting to see what happens to him!

http://transition.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2003/DOC-305120A1.html

Hahaha......
Channel 19 in southern Macomb county Michigan.
24/7 Marijuana talk, how to raise it in your basement, increase crop yield, trim it, buy it, use it. Welfare bases all day long.
Running any truck driver off the channel, because the FCC did not allocate a truckers channel.
A large group of idiots.

Hahaha......
Channel 19 in southern Macomb county Michigan.
24/7 Marijuana talk, how to raise it in your basement, increase crop yield, trim it, buy it, use it. Welfare bases all day long.
Running any truck driver off the channel, because the FCC did not allocate a truckers channel.
A large group of idiots.

haha now that is funny!

Obviously, things in G.R. haven't changed much in the 27 years since I left there. Although, back then it wasn't quite that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.