• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Channel 5 in Mexico/S. America: Like Our Channel 19?

2CO3026

Mar 14, 2009
Cornpach, IL
This afternoon the band is open to what sounds like either Mexico or South America. Channel 5 has tons of AM signals. As I tune up from 27.015 MHz in 1 kHz increments, I can hear literally hundreds of carriers (many of which are off-frequency) that stretch up at least 3 kHz.

Does anyone know if channel 5 south of the U.S. border is used like our channel 19? I also remember another channel below channel 1 that sounded similar with many stations, but I can't remember its frequency. Maybe 26.385??

This afternoon the band is open to what sounds like either Mexico or South America. Channel 5 has tons of AM signals. As I tune up from 27.015 MHz in 1 kHz increments, I can hear literally hundreds of carriers (many of which are off-frequency) that stretch up at least 3 kHz.

Does anyone know if channel 5 south of the U.S. border is used like our channel 19? I also remember another channel below channel 1 that sounded similar with many stations, but I can't remember its frequency. Maybe 26.385??

Yes channel 5 am is the mexican truckers frequency,radios off freq? you bet,many screwdrivers experts down here :blink:

The other freq is 26.585 am,same as channel 5,only truck drivers from all over Mexico.

73 de Tecnicoloco "Da SOB" :p
Live from The South of Disorder

Yes CH5 is the mexican trucker channel.
When the E-skip comes in from mexico, the soup comes in like it does on CH19 when there is skip in USA.
CH7 is also a mexican trucker channel.
They are both used by mexican truckers in southern california.

When E-skip from mexico comes in, the entire 26MHz range is filled with mexican AM signals. Some sort of business band i suppose, or taxis.

Also, the 27.675 to 27.725 area is filled with mexican USB all the time, permanently.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.