• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Channels to check for dxing into Europe.

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
I know that there lots of people that know this, but a little more info might help. There as been more and more people operating from EU in the 40 channel area - mostly channel's 35 to 40 on the LSB (but don;t be afraid to check out USB too}. Also remember to check the "0"s also, like - 370, 380, 390 400.
Earlier this year I talked to two guys in Germany on .385 usb for about 3 min.'s. Also check out 27.195 area (usb) for it's a good place to hear central Europe (Russia and several other countries) although it may be hard to understand them.

Good Luck

nope, when england got ssb they decided on channel 27, because 28 being used for am dxing,,
CountryFrequencyChannel
UK27.27527
USA27.38538
INT27.38538
Humm - I wonder how it is that I have talked to several stations in S. Africa on 27 through the last cycle and have had several people tell me from there, that 27 is their call channel?
But I guess it doesn't really matter, I'll just carry on talking to them in S. Africa on 27..........

Humm - I wonder how it is that I have talked to several stations in S. Africa on 27 through the last cycle and have had several people tell me from there, that 27 is their call channel?
But I guess it doesn't really matter, I'll just carry on talking to them in S. Africa on 27..........
most african and european and orient stations i have made contact with was on 27.555usb, considered the international calling frequency

Discovered a new one yesterday, lots of chatter on 27.300 usb, at which I talked to a mobile in Japan.
I then remembered that I had also talked to a station from there back in Feb., - so that's one that can be listened for in the Asia area.

Last edited:
From the interwebs
"
When a British Goldman Sacs employee resigned last year in an open letter and said that some colleagues in London had called their clients “muppets”, Americans at the firm were left wondering what he meant. Brits have borrowed Jim Henson’s name for furry, be-stringed critters and tweaked it to mean someone who’s stupid, gullible and incapable of independent thought. Let’s not mention this to Miss Piggy.
End Quote

I think that Channel 19 FM in the UK is fondly known as the "Muppet channel"

Jeff

From the interwebs
"
When a British Goldman Sacs employee resigned last year in an open letter and said that some colleagues in London had called their clients “muppets”, Americans at the firm were left wondering what he meant. Brits have borrowed Jim Henson’s name for furry, be-stringed critters and tweaked it to mean someone who’s stupid, gullible and incapable of independent thought. Let’s not mention this to Miss Piggy.
End Quote

I think that Channel 19 FM in the UK is fondly known as the "Muppet channel"

Jeff
This is where I found muppets listed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.