• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cheap reliable mobile?

a lil will is the best cheap antenna out there . its not a 1000/5000 or a 10k but it doesnt claim to be . i had one and it handled 180 watts just fine .hard to beat this uniden PC-68XL at sparkys already tuned and aligned for less than $80 plus s&h .
http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/catalog/item/1830782/1329798.htm
if you want a export the magnum 257 is pretty sweet for $200 already tuned and aligned . be careful about who you let work on your equipment . ive never read a bad comment anywhere about sparkys work or service . good luck

BOOTY MONSTER said:
a lil will is the best cheap antenna out there . its not a 1000/5000 or a 10k but it doesnt claim to be . i had one and it handled 180 watts just fine .
should i stick with the little will or wil 1000? i want preformance over price with the stick.
what are the best cheap SSB radios out there?

almost forgot "best cheap SSB radio" . i dont think theres a best because many people will have their favs . if you stick with equipment that consistanty get high praise you pretty much wont go wrong but there are subulties between radios that may make one the "best" for you . the cobra 148 get a lot of respect in all the forums and the older philipino ones are the most sought after along with the uniden Grant . the new 148s are still very nice .
im sure many will will come behind me with different radios to recomend and theyll all be right .

http://www.sparkyscbshack.com/catalog/item/1830782/1330012.htm

Galaxy 949/959 ........Ebay .......older 148 GTL or Grant XL .......either on Ebay about 60 to 80 dollars shipped. IM not a fan of the Lil Wil !! spend 20.00 more for a 1000 or 5000 and never look back !! Good luck to you Chris. ..........There's a great deal in the swap shop for a older 148GTL and 575M-6 power mic for 115.00 shipped. 148GTL / 575M6

BIONIC_TEXAN88 said:
uniden 68 elite if you dont need am. those are awesome radios!!!

yep that uniden 68 elite is for sure the best SSB only radio there is !!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

i know its a typo Mr. Bionic ......... just couldnt pass up a chance to pick on ya :p and also say ive enjoyed many of your informative post . :LOL:

chrismoll said:
BOOTY MONSTER said:
a lil will is the best cheap antenna out there . its not a 1000/5000 or a 10k but it doesnt claim to be . i had one and it handled 180 watts just fine .
should i stick with the little will or wil 1000? i want preformance over price with the stick.
what are the best cheap SSB radios out there?
old philly and china made cobra 148/uniden grantxl are the
best cb type ssb rig
as for export type the magnum257 is cream of the crop
under 200.00 and 50watts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.