• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

check out this bizzar behavior from my texas star 350

Weird. But then again you wanted improved reception... I guess you got it!? :)

By any chance are you located near the transmitter or studio for a commercial radio station?

Years ago I was able to hear a local station through my tube bass guitar amplifier. A little research showed that the studio and and microwave STL were less than a 1/4 mile from me.

Yes but its a very small one. They dont do bbc stuff though. The only thing they retransmit is the twins game. Its an old people am and classic rock fm.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Too bad it doesnt have a tuner youd be able to use it as a SWL radio!
I had an old Courier 23 CH tube rig that did this same thing if i set the delta tune just right.

Ever see a frequency converter or a converter that connected to an IF stage? It would work my mixing which would add or take away from the frequency that you would want to receive.

My guess is the RX amp is either oscillating at some frequency and doing this or is creating a spur that is doing this.. kinda cool but odd at the same time that it's instability is "stable" enough to cause this, if in fact that is the case.

What would be intersting is to find out what station it is, and also see if te station is stable or fades on or out during times of the day, that is, if you can duplicate the condition that long.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated