• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

check out this old cb i came accross

itsonlysir

Feb 5, 2009
its probably not worth anything , but i thought id share a few pic of it ,,, it was made September of 1977 , so its 6 moths younger then me ,( im 31 ) .
has a battery compartment for aa"s , so it can be used with being in a car ,,, kinda cool i thought. its a midland 77-861 .

SN851260.jpg
[/IMG]

SN851261.jpg
[/IMG]

SN851262.jpg
[/IMG]

SN851263.jpg
[/IMG]

not sure if it works yet , imma get battery's tomorrow . lol i hope it works , that would be sweet.... sit at the beach and talk .. lol:LOL:

I get a kick out of people posting finds like this and they're even better with good pictures! Yeah, it probably isn't worth much, but so what! It's a little piece of radio history. Let us know how it works ;)

It turns the light on in the meter and channel selector.........what else? On a battery powered rig like that the bulbs burning all the time would drain them at a faster rate. By turning the bulb off unless it is needed you save power. If I remember correctly the lights should come on when hooked to a 12 volt power source.

BC

It turns the light on in the meter and channel selector.........what else? On a battery powered rig like that the bulbs burning all the time would drain them at a faster rate. By turning the bulb off unless it is needed you save power. If I remember correctly the lights should come on when hooked to a 12 volt power source.

BC

I thought that's what it was, but why lite and not light?

Did anyone mention the antenna on this rig?
Nope.
Look at it; it's like a walkie-talkie!
I sure hope the SWR on this here thang is good to go before you decide to key it up.
I had to look twice and notice that it is a 40 ch; not a 23 channel. When radios have that kind of dial for the channel selection, my immediate first reaction is that it is a 23 channel.
I can't say that that I would need or want a quasi-walkie-talkie, but it sure is a neat find.
How did you come across it?!?

my dad used to be in cb's for ever ago , he was a jeep guy .. so i e-mailed him and asked if he had any cb's laying around ,,, he said yes just one but that it was old ,,, i said hell i dont care ,, so i drove over there and this is what i found ,,,

yea i wasent looking for a hand held , but once i saw it , i couldent leave it , i like old things , i guess thats why i drive a 1969 vw bug .. lol (y)

SN851264.jpg
[/IMG]

people always ask if im going to paint it ,, i tell them ( you know how long it took mother nature to pint it like it is ,, why waste that ) , hahahahaha

Heh I had several of them early on, put a 102" whip on a spring through the center of the roof on one of them.

Just beware, they tend to snap right in half when they get that rusty, the floor pan will eventually just buckle.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.