• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Check this disaster out.

lonestarbandit

Supporting Member - WDX 429
Dec 30, 2006
So 1st set of 2 pictures is my 2x2879 blue faced filtered palomar/skipper/magnum/cobra/galaxy
(That diode mess on mine was not my work and I just noticed it after 15 years - yikes)

The second set of 3 is one for sale on ebay. What in God's name has befallen this poor amp. And what did it ever do to someone to apparently have DEIs welded to its carcass . Bidding has reached 67.00 so far plus shipping.
20231106_131352.jpg
20231106_130050.jpg
Screenshot_20231108_204027_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20231108_204011_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20231108_204036_eBay.jpg

Last edited:

So 1st set of 2 pictures is my 2x2879 blue faced filtered palomar/skipper/magnum/cobra/galaxy
(That diode mess on mine was not my work and I just noticed it after 15 years - yikes)

The second set of 3 is one for sale on ebay. What in God's name has befallen this poor amp. And what did it ever do to someone to apparently have DEIs welded to its carcass . Bidding has reached 67.00 so far plus shipping.View attachment 66219View attachment 66220View attachment 66221View attachment 66222View attachment 66223
It's ugly, but easy enough to make pretty again.

Yes. I was thinking about it. Just was impressed by the level of fugly.
I like those filtered blue faces.

Last edited:
We will see what it goes for. 3 days left. It might be a fun project I have 3 used matched spare HG2879s burning a hole in my parts box from my last LPF short out. This thing though. So much ...what's BBI call it.... "Schmmooooo".

This is the same amp that a friend of mine is bidding on, I hope you guys don't jack it up on each other. However as your a forum buddy good luck.

I never bid. Was just thinking about it.
I hope he realizes it needs pills and plenty of work. It's in bad shape lol.
Definitely not plug and play. Only reason I was even remotely thinking about it was I have one already for reference and spare pills etc.

Last edited:
Someone did for $103.
When I saw it, before you even posted about it, the price was like $52, and I noticed that there were no Mica caps on the transformers so the Swr had to be way off. Hence the low power out. Usually there are 1200pf caps on both transformers. The wraps looked correct though.

Reactions: lonestarbandit
Someone did for $103.
When I saw it, before you even posted about it, the price was like $52, and I noticed that there were no Mica caps on the transformers so the Swr had to be way off. Hence the low power out. Usually there are 1200pf caps on both transformers. The wraps looked correct though.
Correct sir. You can see my bone stock variant earlier in the thread. I thought about bidding and repairing but once it got towards 100 bucks my interest waned.

I like those due to built in filters fairly clean for what they are. But you're right for just a little repair fun it rapidly spiraled out of control price wise lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.