• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chinese made knock offs of Wilson

They got bought out by Barjan, who outsourced some of their parts manufacturing. When Barjan had them, they made sure to proudly announce that they were still made in the USA though.

Now they have been bought by DAS Global, and I can't see made in USA anywhere on their website or the DAS website.

The Cherokee looks just like the Tram units that I saw in Fort Worth. I also saw some Stryker logo Wilson 5000's at another shop. Shop owner (CB City in Tyler, Texas) said they were the same as the Wilsons. Which I assume means they are all rolling off the same line in China and they print "Stryker" on them instead of "Wilson". We used to do the same thing with fishing rods we had manufactured there.... they would print "Abu Garcia" for a day, "Zebco" for a day, "Johnson" for a day, etc.

It's a shame they are not making them as good as the old Wilsons used to be.

RT307

Since they are made in china, Walmart will probably sell them. They will probably have lead based paint and will fall apart after the first tree limb is hit.

The Cherokee looks just like the Tram units that I saw in Fort Worth. I also saw some Stryker logo Wilson 5000's at another shop. Shop owner (CB City in Tyler, Texas) said they were the same as the Wilsons. Which I assume means they are all rolling off the same line in China and they print "Stryker" on them instead of "Wilson". We used to do the same thing with fishing rods we had manufactured there.... they would print "Abu Garcia" for a day, "Zebco" for a day, "Johnson" for a day, etc.

It's a shame they are not making them as good as the old Wilsons used to be.

RT307

Those manufactures in China will stick whatever name you want on a product...You can even have Your Name stuck on something for the right price...

I remember back in the 70's Kelly Tires in East Texas would put whatever name you wanted on the sides of the tires in white letters...Think it cost $5 per letter. Several of the guy's I went to High School had their names on their tires...

I don't really know why I was asking about them.... I am kind of antenna poor. I own a Lil Will, K30, Wilson 500, Wilson 5000, Wilson 4' Silverload, Wilson 5' Silverload, Firestick II 5', Radio Shack 102" whip, and a Predator 10K. Now I think I need a Sirio Performer 5000. :laugh:

RT307

I remember back in the 70's Kelly Tires in East Texas would put whatever name you wanted on the sides of the tires in white letters...Think it cost $5 per letter. Several of the guy's I went to High School had their names on their tires...

That's pretty cool !

★ Sent from my Droid★

I have an old Wilson 5000 from back in the 1990s and all i need is a longer stinger...

Well, it's just too easy to say "That's what she said". But I'm not gonna say it.

If you travel through Texas, CB City stocks them in Tyler. Most times it's too expensive to ship one these days.

I'm still tempted to try one of the Lil' Wil ones. Maybe just so I can truly be disappointed. :laugh:

RT307

I was thinking abot trying one of these knockoffs when I place my next oerder through A1-Telecom I usually wait until I have a multiple item order before placing orders. If anyone else is interested in trying these let me know and I can have them drop ship it right to your doorstep.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.