• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Chipswitches???

I know of a Ebay seller I bought some NOS/NIB radios from that's sitting on five NIB/NOS HR2510's with the Chipswitches installed that he bought new if he still has them but he can't sell to you on Ebay. You have to do a private sale.
Oh yeah,he's wanting $500 a pop.

Man that's tempting, but the price is not worth it imo. I have owned the HR 2510 and Lincoln and both mine had the Chipswitch in them. Sold them along time ago. Its just one of those models that will make you pay that price for another chance at one.

The radio gods already told me previously that they ought to go for $250. I've never owned one so I'm not missing anything there.
But of course that communication between me and the seller went off site from Ebay.

Are you the HAM OP?

Yes, but I don't troll eBay. I do the opposite and spend thousands each year buying illegal goodness.

Also, are you aware that eBay has software that uses keywords to detect and pull listings that don't meet there requirements?

Can't always blame some turd ham for reporting. If you've ever violated their TOS, then your account is sniffed for repeated postings for similar content.

I've been there, had multiple listings pulled almost immediately.

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed. They do indeed have software that looks for key words. If it hits on your ad then be prepared to have it closed and be prepared to have your account watched closely for quite a while after.

Yes, but I don't troll eBay. I do the opposite and spend thousands each year buying illegal goodness.
I have to infer that you are being sarcastic and that the opposite of what you have said is true.

Also, are you aware that eBay has software that uses keywords to detect and pull listings that don't meet there requirements? Can't always blame some turd ham for reporting. If you've ever violated their TOS, then your account is sniffed for repeated postings for similar content.I've been there, had multiple listings pulled almost immediately.
This seems logical to me but I am not sure it is accurate. When I spoke with someone at eBay they said they do not police listings and they leave that up to the users to report violations.

I had previously listed a broken down, sell for parts HR2510. It had almost run until completion and I thought I would notify my friends on worldwidedx.com that the unit was listed on eBay and have a last chance to get it. This was mid-afternoon on a weekday. Within 1 hour of that message it got reported on eBay and was removed. I am pretty confident it was not a CB op or any of the many bidders that reported the listing.

I was selling a HR2600 and HR2510. E Bay pulled both listings. Called me at home and said both radios are illegal and banned me from e Bay for three days.
e Bay sucks.

[When I spoke with someone at eBay they said they do not police listings and they leave that up to the users to report violations.

I had previously listed a broken down, sell for parts HR2510. It had almost run until completion and I thought I would notify my friends on worldwidedx.com that the unit was listed on eBay and have a last chance to get it. This was mid-afternoon on a weekday. Within 1 hour of that message it got reported on eBay and was removed. I am pretty confident it was not a CB op or any of the many bidders that reported the listing.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

That eBay employee is absolutely wrong about them not policing their own auctions.

When eBay pulls an auction for a prohibited item they do not tell the seller someone reported it. They simply tell you it was pulled because it was a prohibited item or whatever the reason was that violated their TOS.

It obvious what you're trying to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.