• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Choose my next purchase.

Choose my next HF purchase

• ICOM IC-746 PRO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YAESU FT-847

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Se7en

Jun 27, 2010
Ca
Now is your chance to choose my destiny on my next HF base purchase at my expense.

Let the games begin!
spawn_clown.jpg

Don't forget to post why you choose the radio of my purchasing.

i voted for the ft450d because you have a lot of older radios their so it would seem that cost is an issue and the 450 is the newest. ive seen too many people sell on a rig they had a fault with so buy it new and don't look back. if you ever need 2m and 70cm you can always buy a chinese dual bander. Though if you do want a new TS2000 and money is no object then go for it. I dont like the icom's because i think those models are overpriced for their features as well as getting older now.
Its best to remember that surface mount radios have a shorter lifespan than say the yaesu ft902 and in older radios the repair costs can cold a substantial portion of the value.
Also i would always buy a radio with a built in tuner because ive damaged too many cb radios with bad antennas but none of those listed have tuners.

Neither.
My choice would be to look for a second hand FT2000.
I have seen some good ft's on eBay of late at a good $. You will appreciate the far superior rx of a ft2000 then any of the rigs that you have posted in the poll

Neither.
My choice would be to look for a second hand FT2000.
I have seen some good ft's on eBay of late at a good $. You will appreciate the far superior rx of a ft2000 then any of the rigs that you have posted in the poll

Yaesu FT-2000D...FT-950....
Why settle for anything less!(y)
I don't need no stinking short stick radio(y)
All the Best
Gary

That is a wonderful radio! unfortunately, it is too much of a radio for me at this time.:sleep:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.