• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

chrome rig covers ?

gmham

Feb 26, 2014
Fitting some lovely shiney chrome covers to my Magnum s9. although the radio will only be used from the base ie. no mobile operation still worried about the delicate chrome finish on the covers picking up scratches etc, just wonder if anyone has used any off that clear protective film on chrome cases ?

if used as a base only .. then the only scrathes ya may get will be
from the mounting bracket. i like keeping my radios looking new
so i know what u mean.ive learned to live with those minor scratches.
also cover it up with a small hand towel/dish towel when not in use
something ive done for more years than i can remember

The Scratches can be unsightly and I am sure Chrome can exaggerate the look. My gear isn't chromed but wonder if the covers are shipped with a protective film that that can just stay in place...

I have not used any Clear protective cover film on my gear but do keep the film on the faceplate as long as it will allow. I too cover my gear to keep the dust off...however I have found scratches and wear marks on the faceplates and covers that I am not sure how they got there. For cleaning, I use a soft bristle brush to dust around knobs and display's.

to my best of knowledge they dont come with a film covering.i maybe wrong.
for around where mounting screws go in could try that clear tape ,think
its called invisable tape at walmart .if ya not gonna constantly take radio
in/out of mount then tape should stay put for for while

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.