• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Citizen MPL 5,

Mad Dog

Jan 11, 2020
Ontario
Hi folks. I can't seem to find the "post new message" button. Im hoping some of you extremely intelligent cb gurus will offer some ideas. I purchased a Citizen MPL 5, my favorite radio of all time however close to the M5. This radio works...however it is butchered. A three position switch is added to the bottom cover and a hand written load of channels are supplied. The problem is that the am carrier is gone. SSB is fine. I have removed the switch and corrected most of the mess back to factory but still no am. Suggestions, anything would be appreciated. Plus if anyone has photos of the unit with the covers off that would be awesome. I thank you all!

Guys, I know this is a old thread but wondering if anyone has alignment info or vr's for signal meter ajustments etc. Thanks in advance

Since I don't think that there a lot of those out in the wild, at least in the US, maybe posting the board number will help? I think I saw those listed a PLL02A based chassis somewhere, so the number should be something like PTBM048AOX. With that info someone may be able to point you to the alignment instructions for another unit that uses the same board.

Reactions: jrd426
Thanks TM86. Yes your right, and I believe you are right on the pll and even board number but I will verify and look up based on that. Thx!

Further to add, I think this is the same board also used in the hy-gain v.
Cheers

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.