• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Clarifier to leave locked or unlock that is the question

So much stupid having it adjust both RX and TX together with the one control. If you have it so your clarifier alters your TX as well as RX then when you adjust your clarifier to receive them better your TX frequency changes. So they then end up adjusting their clarifier so you sound better to them but that then changes their TX frequency so again you're adjusting your clarifier on the next over so they sound right which also changes your TX frequency, they adjust so you sound right which then alters their TX frequency, rinse and repeat until one of you hits the end stop of the clarifier control.
I had a radio repair tech mention just what your saying but at the time it didn't register with me. I think I'll leave mine locked for now.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.