• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Clean and lube

2FB327

Oct 31, 2012
What would you recomend for cleaning the board and the inside of some old radios that have been sitting for a long time?

Is there a product made for cleaning and lubricating the control knobs like the on/off switches?

Thanx.

What would you recomend for cleaning the board and the inside of some old radios that have been sitting for a long time?

Is there a product made for cleaning and lubricating the control knobs like the on/off switches?

Thanx.

A can of air followed by a can of compressed contact cleaner usually gets the job done. ;) Just make sure you allow sufficient time for the contact cleaner to dry before applying power to your electronics.

Reactions: 1 person
if you really need or want more cleaning i read to use lots of q tips and denatured alcohol on the boardand metal case inside..i read this when searching how to clean my tram d201 23 channel,27lb cb radio;)
not positive on the truth of it but read it in a couple places online.

I second the contact cleaner and compressed air. Or if you have access to a small air compressor and turn the pressure down to about 30-50.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.