• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax length on mag mount question

View attachment 32173

Whadda ya mean ya ain’t got one squirreled away?
That thing ain't nuth'n but pure D snake oil. Mini Stargunn wanna be. Taint nuf there to even get close to proper counter poise (ground plane). Bonding.....body panels, hood, bed, and a ground on the radio ( not just the neg lead). Run sufficient wire from battery to radio, with fuse. No tie in at fuse panel or a cigarette lighter.

That thing ain't nuth'n but pure D snake oil. Mini Stargunn wanna be. Taint nuf there to even get close to proper counter poise (ground plane). Bonding.....body panels, hood, bed, and a ground on the radio ( not just the neg lead). Run sufficient wire from battery to radio, with fuse. No tie in at fuse panel or a cigarette lighter.

There’s no room at the cigarette lighter, I already have the DX500V plugged in there. Ran radio off dome light switch, since I usually have it on anyway.

Okay, okay . . . I won’t tell anyone that after dark is when you add a Zing Ring to yours.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
View attachment 32173

Whadda ya mean ya ain’t got one squirreled away?

d8a76910-d276-4348-91ea-2279d0c1b68a-jpeg.32173

If you guy's are implying that's a ground radial, that is incorrect.

How can it be a a ground radial when it attaches to the hot side of the antenna???

That’s not the one 75 is talking about.

The one he is referring to connects to an so239 mount. The radials connect the braid, and the hot is a straight shot through.

That’s not the one 75 is talking about.

Forget my post to Slowmover above. I deleted it because it was stupid in light of some new information.

The one he is referring to connects to an so239 mount. The radials connect the braid, and the hot is a straight shot through.

So, the hub that Slowmover posted is not the one? And, the right one is intended to improve the ground for a magnet mount setup?

Last edited:
I know nothing about them other than having seen them. I know they’re not the same as the 3/8x24 “ground planes” that attached to the hot, and not the same as those that mount above the coil on a Wilson antenna...

C3818D2D-DF8E-45CB-8B0F-A7AC11EBDF9E.png

I wanted to try and model this idea, but I can't model a magnet mount setup.

I see no purpose for adding this to a hard mount that everyone has already said is the only way to fix all of the problems associated with Magnet Mounts.

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.