• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax question..

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
I need to know what is the better stuff to go with, Ill need around 140ft for this move....

And my neighbors are close to me as well ....

Been looking at the LMR 400UF coax, its like 1.44 per ft, and the regular LMR 400 coax is less than this....( priced it at davis rf by the way )...

Trying to save some money here.....if I went with some of the LMR 400UF coax and used this for the choke, and coming down the mast pipe....then use a barrel connector and go with the solid LMR 400 coax to the radio, would this cause a problem ?...

Or should I bite the bullet and go with all LMR 400UF coax ?...

id just get lmr400 uf then make your choke try this place.amateurradiosupplies.com
i think there a little cheaper. they also install the pl259s which is a pain on the lmr 400
coax .next time i buy coax it will be from here

id just get lmr400 uf then make your choke try this place.amateurradiosupplies.com
i think there a little cheaper. they also install the pl259s which is a pain on the lmr 400
coax .next time i buy coax it will be from here

Like Hotrod says Oatmeal, AR Supplies.com appears cheaper too...and if you get real Times Microwave coax they are a lot cheaper. Texas Tower Supply is also in Texas, so whichever is closer will likely be less shipping too.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.