• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax question ?...

Oatmeal

Mar 22, 2009
West Virginia..
Which one of these works best, LMR 400UF or some Bury Flex coax ?....

And if it was the bury flex, how small of a roll can it be rolled in and not damage the coax inside ?....

The roll, would be to make a choke out of...

While all aftermarket cables are not good deal, I can tell you from first hand experience Jeffa Tech sells a very good copy of LMR-400 at good prices.

This computer and browser are acting sort of wierd and the original post disappeared. So, again.
I would lean in favor of Times Microwave if Ihad the choice. That doesn't mean that a 'copy' isn't any good, just that TMW will tend to want to hold their reputation, you know?
Not having had any experience with the 'buryflex' stuff, I have to assume that the major difference is the composition of the outer jacket. The 'insides' of the stuff should be the same as 'regular' LMR-400. There's a lot of 'scootch' in that 'should' thingy so you're on your own. If you think in terms of 6 to 9 inch diameter coils, either should handle that just dandy. (Look for a bending radius in the specs.)
Having said that, I also think that LMR-400 is a little bit of 'overkill' for HF feed lines. It would certainly work at HF, but it really has no 'huge' benefit. At HF, the differences between LMR-400 and a comparable -sized- cable of a 'lesser' type would be very hard to distinguish. Whatever floats your boat though.
- 'Doc

No smaller than 8 inches diameter for the choke. Regular LMR-400 will be really stiff and might want to go a little bigger because of the solid center conductor. You might check out the 400X or XF for a stranded center conductor and a lot easier to work with, but still at least 8" diameter for bending.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.