• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax recommendations?

Texaspete359_2

Oct 29, 2019
I’m going to start to put a radio in my spray truck which I use to spray crops and pasture with all kinds of fertilizers and I need to make sure I put the right coax on there that will hold up to corrosive chemicals and pesticides. My question is what coax would be better suited to hold up against that kind of application? I know regardless the mount for the antenna will have to Be cleaned and checked every day or week depending on the work week. Maybe try to wrap the coax in some kind of plastic tubing. Id like to hear some recommendations. Thanks.

genuine rg213 is pretty tough, solid dielectric uv stable none contaminating jacket,

stay away from
transparent or fades for fun coloured jacket cb shop coax,

fake rg213, it won't last like the real stuff

foam dielectric coax, has its good points in the right application,
its not what i would use in farming environment, too easy damaged by rough handling,

anything that's not black or copper on the outside is usually low quality but not always,

anything that's lower loss for the same diameter is usually foam or semi air spaced & nowhere near as durable for rough handling,

if you put it in protective trunking none of the above matters much,
any quality stranded center coax with properly soldered & sealed plugs will do the trick.

Reactions: Tallman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.