• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 1000 RECEIVE ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
Cobra 1000 ? I got one the other day that needed a new final , works great after that but receive is strange ? The modulation meter detacts the incoming recieve , in otherwords you can see the incoming signals detected on that meter ? the more you turn it up from the volume control , the more you see the in the incoming signal , it's as if they are talking on your radio the way the needle moves with the incoming modulation , the more you turn the radio up ,the more it shows on the meter ? and if you turn it up to much , it will distort the incoming receive ? (as if the receive is somewhat congested)Would this be some kind of front end problem ? if so ? what might I look at to fix this problem ? thanks

Perhaps the anti-spike diode that feeds power / audio to the final and driver? I'd give you a part number but I'm not at the shop and for some reason cbtricks is not responding.

thanks for the reply SC . no . not the problem , but I did find out what had been causing this. The mic plug on the radio is connected to a small board inside the radio , after further investigation , it turned out the a few of the traces on the board had been shorting out (broken), more then likely from someone pulling on a mic plug cord ? or the plug itself had been jammed against something in the past , they were hair line fractures around the 4 pins from the plug into the small mic plug board , resoldered and added a few wire jumpers and it fixed all the problems it was having. :) turned out , I just needed to get away from the radio for a while and come back to it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.