• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 135xlr issue

Zman

K9FON
Nov 26, 2009
Radio has nice swing on Am from a 4 watt carrier but will only do 3 to 4 watts on SSB. I have tryed to adjust everything but still get weak watts on SSB.

Like i said i tried everything. I adjusted the ALC and i'm still only getting 4 watts. On AM it works great 4 watts and modulated to 20 or so and sounds fine on the air..... I don't get why it is so throttled back on SSB...

Just checked the schematic on CBtricks and it only has one final Q15 I think was the number. I will try to see if I can find the area on it that might be causing the trouble, my first guess would be something in the audio section since that is what drives your power on SSB.

didn't that radio have one final for AM and another for SSB?

Im not sure. I just bought a Sams off of EBay so i can dig into it deeper.. Id like to get it running 100% as it has great ears and superb audio on AM...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.