• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 139 xlr modulation and wattage low

C

cbman

hello my neighboor gave me this radio.he said it had not been used in 15 years.the radio works on rec.but when i go to transmit on low channel's i have less then a 1/2 watt output and 20 percent modulation. and on the hi channel's i have 4 watts output and 100 percent modulation. swr's are 1.2 all the way around.tryed to ajust the modultion and wattage vr's but that did not help.hope someone knows more then i do and can help me out. thank's

</p>

hello my neighboor gave me this radio.he said it had not been used in 15 years.the radio works on rec.but when i go to transmit on low channel's i have less then a 1/2 watt output and 20 percent modulation. and on the hi channel's i have 4 watts output and 100 percent modulation. swr's are 1.2 all the way around.tryed to ajust the modultion and wattage vr's but that did not help.hope someone knows more then i do and can help me out. thank's

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ 555 Central Missouri:
    Hello everyone, I have a old courier centurion pll 40 channel SSB, it has the extra channels and it has another switch that just moves the frequency down one channel on the dial, what is the purpose for this?
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST
    +1
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EDST