• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 139XLR in great shape for sale

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
well the bad economy is finally catching up with me and it looks like im going to have to part with one of my babies.:(

This 139XLR has been completely gone through, has had ALL the electrolytic caps replaced, and all the tech bulletin updates have been done.
this means no 1419 regulators in the radio, and no drift on SSB from the bad location of one of the regs.

the meter lights have been changed out for white LEDs.
the CB/PA switch is now a freq mod that gives 27.455 to 27.805 on channels 8-40.

the radio has been completely aligned and is not hacked up, and the mod limiter is still in the radio. (i guess i could mod it and make it louder if the buyer wants it that way, but i always thought these radios sounded best in stock form with a good alignment)
i have upgraded the ANL and it works awesome.
the clarifier is NOT unlocked.

Cosmetically the radio looks really good.
the only blemish to speak of is that someone put a sticky label on it with their old CB call sign, and when it got removed, it took some of the chrome paint with it, leaving the black paint underneath intact and showing the imprint of the call sign.
its really not very noticeable and there is no peeling going on.

i wish i had a pic of it, but my camera seems to only be taking pictures of complete blackness.
this radio works 110%, and looks good.

i am asking $200.00 shipped to the continental US.
this is a big item and the shipping could be upwards of 30-35 dollars.
if i cant get about that much for it, ill just keep it.
thanks!
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.