• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 142 GTL Base - CHERRY - Practically Unused, Still In Original Box w/ Plastic Bags, Foam Insert

UFO411

Sep 19, 2021
Aiken, SC
Just picked up basically a new Cobra 142 GTL Base in its original box, with paperwork, original plastic bag, styrofoam inserts, mic, etc. Barely used, if at all. It’s been sitting in an old couple’s closet for years and the family just had their estate sale.

This is the same model of radio that I owned back when I was twelve years old. I worked a dish washing job at a local seafood restaurant in NC and saved every penny and dime I made to buy one of these. Picked it out myself back in the day at the CB Barn in Charlotte, NC.

Talked skip on SSB all over the world with nothing but this stock radio and an Antron 99. No extra power. No special mic. Just a big mouthed kid with an awesome radio, the antenna, an old TV antenna mast in a mill house in the late `80’s. We had a small group of kids that would talk locally too but eventually, they all dropped it for other hobbies or they switched over to ham. I eventually sold it to my younger cousin so I could buy a coin dog in my later teen years.

Nostalgia aside, I might let this one go once I check it out and confirm that everything is in working order. If I do sell it, does anyone here have any idea what a fair asking price would be for it, if all things are in working condition.

If all goes well, I plan to also pick up a “confirmed” sealed, new in the box, Cobra CAM 89 base this weekend. I’m almost certain I’ll cut it loose. I already have another one of those on the shelf. Let me know if interested.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.